Add custom engraving to your Desktop Ballista and shoot toothpicks into the ancient past with this desktop sized model of the Roman era siege engine. This scale model can fire ordinary toothpicks as ammunition. This is a kit of parts that you can assemble in about an hour or less. After you have assembled and fired, it makes a handsome item for display. This is a great executive gift.
Notes about engraving: We recommend text no longer than 12 characters, but we can send you a mock up of anything you want to approve before we engrave, including graphic symbols or images rather than text. Just add a note during checkout telling us: a) what you want to engrave and b) left, right or both sides.
- Includes custom engraving text
- Shoots ordinary toothpicks
- Stands about 5 inches (12 cm) high
- Includes working ratchet gear and pawl
- Quality materials: Hard wood and steel. No plastic
- Elevation stake feature for aiming
- Educational, learn simple machines and ancient history
Note that the instructions are designed to be viewed on a computer or mobile device while assembling, rather than printed on paper. The illustrations are large so that they are easy to see and understand, but this makes the instructions over 30 pages long. So be warned of that before you print a hard copy.